Improv for Kids and Teens?
ColdTowne has what you need.
The official Youth Program of ColdTowne Theater
Excused Absence Provides:
- Training for young performers, ages 4 to 18, of all experience levels.
- Excused Absence Nights, weekly all ages comedy shows, featuring youth and adult acts.
- Saturday Morning Improv Shows for families.
- The annual Excused Absence Youth Comedy Festival.
- Birthday Parties & Private Events
- Touring Shows and Workshops
Our Classes, Camps, and Troupes are led by some of Austin’s best comedy teachers and coaches. Family Friendly Shows provide an opportunity for youth to see both peers and adult professionals perform on a regular basis. No other performing arts education experience in Austin provides the amount of potential stage time our available to our students. It’s everything you love about ColdTowne and live Comedy — including your favorite performers and teachers — designed for youth.
Applied Improv for children, families and educators of all ages.
Move Your Tale Provides:
- Traveling classes, camps and shows
- Hands on workshops incorporating the tools and philosophy of Improv into academic and social situations.
- Live, interactive performances done at your location.
Explorations in creating characters and stories in the moment. With a focus on listening, building a flexible mindset and collaboration, this program provides a positive (and frequently hilarious) performing arts experience for youth and for those who work with them.
One of kind Birthday Parties and Field Trips at ColdTowne Theater.
Birthday parties & field trips at ColdTowne include:
- An original, improvised show performed by our professional cast.
- Up to 45 audience members.
- The opportunity to take part in the show as a volunteer.
- Improv workshops of varying lengths available.
- Private access to the theater throughout your event.
A yearly comedy festival for Comedy Performers and Fans of All Ages.
Held yearly, the second weekend of August, ExAb Fest is two days of comedy shows, workshops and social events for youth, families and educators. It is both a unique opportunity for youth to see live comedy created by adult and youth acts and an opportunity for performers of all ages to share their work with a new audience.
Though Sketch and Stand Up are very important parts of our program, the heart of our work is Improvised Comedy. Improv is theater created on the spot, guiding performers toward collaborative, inventive performance and storytelling. Improv invites us to trust each other (and ourselves) to create, communicate, take risks, and, most importantly, have a ton of fun.